Public Meeting Invitation
October 5, 2007
Dear Community Partner:
Do you believe there are enough employment services for Texans with disabilities?
What could DARS do better to help Texans with disabilities go to work?
What employment services do you need that are not currently available from DARS?
The Rehabilitation Council of Texas (RCT) and the DARS Divisions for Blind Services (DBS) and Rehabilitation Services (DRS) want to hear your answers to these questions. You are invited to a special public meeting October 24th at the Criss Cole Rehabilitation Center in Austin to discuss these issues. Interested groups, organizations, consumers, and other individuals are being given this opportunity to comment on the DBS and DRS Comprehensive Statewide Assessment (CSA).
DBS and DRS invite your comments on the Comprehensive Statewide Assessment (CSA) for the employment services provided by DARS.
The CSA is jointly conducted by the RCT and DARS every three years and describes the employment needs of individuals with disabilities residing within the state. We would like your comments in regards to the following questions:
- In your opinion, are there groups of individuals who are not being served regarding the provision of employment services for people with disabilities (vocational rehabilitation services)?
- Do you feel this applies to your community, county, or state-wide?
- What do you think prevents people in these groups from receiving services?
- What could/should DARS do to address the employment needs of those you feel are not adequately being served?
- In your opinion, what specific rehabilitation services are lacking in your community?
- What other comments would you like to add regarding the needs of people with disabilities in your community?
We are providing several methods for you to submit your comments.
- A survey will be available this Fall on the DARS Web site.
- Your comments are welcome in person at the public meeting:
October 24, 2007
4:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m.
Criss Cole Rehabilitation Center Auditorium,
4800 North Lamar
- Submit comments via e-mail to: email@example.com
- Or via regular mail at:
DARS Administrative Building
Attn: Jonas Schwartz
4800 N. Lamar, MC 1416
Austin, TX 78756
For further questions, please call (512) 377-0646.
We look forward to your input and sincerely hope you will be able to attend.
Persons with disabilities who wish to attend the hearing and require accommodations should contact me by October 17 so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
Thank you for your continued support of the Vocational Rehabilitation Programs. Your guidance, suggestions and recommendations are important and enhance our ability to provide the best possible services to Texans with disabilities.
Stakeholder Relations Liaison
# # #