Grants Administered by DARS
Grants over $25,000 administered by the Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services
Early Childhood Intervention Services
ECI is a statewide program for families with children, birth to three, with disabilities and developmental delays. ECI supports families to help their children reach their potential through developmental services. Services are provided by a variety of local agencies and organizations across Texas.
The DARS Autism Program champions excellence in the delivery of services for families of children with autism. Services are provided through grant contracts with local community agencies and organizations that provide applied behavioral analysis (ABA) and other positive behavior support strategies. The program helps improve the quality of life for children on the autism spectrum and their families.
Independent Living Services – Blind
The Independent Living (IL) Program for people who are blind helps consumers get back control of their lives and the confidence needed to live independently. Successful independent living training can help consumers:
- Accomplish everyday tasks
- Participate in favorite activities
- Communicate with family and friends
- Gain a better understanding about their vision impairment
- Get back confidence they may have lost
Independent Living Services – General
The Independent Living Services (ILS) General program promotes self-sufficiency despite the presence of one or more significant disabilities.
Objectives of ILS include but are not limited to:
- living independently;
- decreasing dependence on family members;
- decreasing the need for attendant services;
- decreasing the need for supervision in activities of daily living;
- increasing a self-directed lifestyle;
- improving ability to perform activities of daily living;
- improving mobility;
- improving communication; and
- improving personal/social adjustment.