Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services
4800 N. Lamar Blvd.
Austin, Texas 78756
DARS Disability Determination Services
P.O. Box 149198
Austin, TX 78714-9198
For information on
- Early childhood intervention services
- Rehabilitation services
- Services for people who are deaf or hard of hearing
- Services for people who are blind or visually impaired
- Disability determination services
How to File a Complaint
Complaints about the quality of services provided by DARS are filed through the DARS Inquiries Unit. The Inquiries Line is answered Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m., except on holidays. Spanish speaking Inquiries specialists are available to assist with your complaint.
To submit a complaint, contact the DARS Inquiries Unit by:
- Phone: Toll-free 1-800-628-5115
- Email: DARS.Inquiries@dars.state.tx.us
- Fax: (512) 424-4730
- Mail: DARS Inquiries Unit, 4800 N. Lamar, MC 1416, Austin, TX 78756
Provide as much detail as possible when submitting your complaint, including dates, times, people you interacted with, and the nature of your complaint. Once your complaint is received, it will be researched and reviewed by management of the program about which you have filed a complaint. Once a determination is made regarding your complaint, you will be contacted.
If your complaint is not resolved, you may contact the Health and Human Services Office of the Ombudsman, which conducts independent reviews of complaints concerning agency policies and practices. You may call, email, or write to the Office of the Ombudsman.