DARS Inquiries Line
The DARS Inquiries Line answers information and referral calls for all of DARS. DARS includes programs for the blind and visually impaired, for the deaf and hard of hearing, vocational rehabilitation, and other programs for adults with disabilities. The people answering the line have experience responding to all kinds of calls. Anyone can call the line.
The DARS Inquiries Line provides information in English and Spanish. Other languages can be accommodated through Language Line Interpreters. The Inquiries Line is answered Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Voice mail is in operation during evenings and on weekends.
DARS Inquiries Line: 1-800-628-5115
DARS TDD/TTY: 1-866-581-9328
What kinds of questions and information about ECI does the DARS Inquiries Line provide?
- Early Intervention Services in Texas
- Early Intervention Services in other states
- Texas public school services for children with disabilities over age 3
Anyone may call the DARS Inquiries Line for information or refer a family to Texas ECI programs. ECI encourages professionals and families to make a referral as soon as a delay or concern is suspected-even as early as birth. The local ECI program will determine eligibility and services. To find an ECI program in your area, go to the Program Search.
- ECI services in Texas
- Support groups and disability groups and other resources
- Other social services or places to find local social services. Call 211 for information about social services in your area.
ECI Concerns and Complaints:
- Calls from ECI families with concerns or complaints about services
ECI Publication Orders:
- Publication orders for publications that ECI makes available to professionals and families. Many of these publications are provided in a PDF format that can be viewed and printed from this website.